The AS/COA Tech Series features experts and leaders from the private sector, government, and academia to address the impact of technology in Latin America and the Caribbean, through private meetings with policy makers, private-sector roundtable discussions, and public forums. Best practices of COA corporate members in addressing digital advances and innovative solutions that promote inclusion, competitiveness, and regional economic development are highlighted among relevant stakeholders. The AS/COA Tech Series has become a strong platform for thought leaders to explore digital opportunities and alliances, with many of its programs held in Miami, which is a critical hub for multinationals operating in Latin America and is at the forefront of building a robust digital ecosystem serving the Western Hemisphere.
Opportunities are available for COA corporate members to sponsor the Tech Series in whole or in part.
- Digital economy and innovation
- Strategic linkages between multinational corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Workforce development and skills training
- Digital identity and elections
- Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and the future of business
- Facilitating e-commerce and SME growth
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Intellectual property protection
- Economic development and social inclusion
- Fintech and financial inclusion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Connectivity, mobility, and competitive advantage
- Digital transformation for business and society
2019 AS/COA Tech Series is sponsored by:
AS/COA and Florida International University launched a joint white paper that explores the linkages between multinational corporations (MNCs) and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) operating in Latin America. The report argues that establishing new connections between MNCs and SMEs and enhancing the existing ones is a strategic choice that will allow them to thrive in a globally interdependent economy. Download the report.
February 16, 2017
The entrepreneurial environment in Latin America and Miami is changing, from policymaking to venture capital. Innovators tell how....
November 29, 2016
How can technology help solve problems associated with rapid growth in cities while boosting local economies at the same time? Watch a discussion with smart cities experts. ...
December 10, 2015
Latin American businesses need to speed up the pace in adapting to technology, say experts....