The History of 680 Park Avenue
Our historic home at 680 Park Avenue was originally the residence of Percy Rivington Pyne, a prominent New York financier, from 1910 to 1946. It then served as the Soviet Mission to the United Nations until 1965. In that year, the Marquesa de Cuevas purchased the building to save it from demolition and, in 1966, donated it to the Americas Society, then known as the Center for Inter-American Relations.
McKim, Mead & White designed the building in 1909, and in 1966 the architectural firm of Walker O. Cain & Associates directed restoration of the interior in the style of the original building.
The building was designated a New York City Landmark in 1970 and is listed in the National Register of Historical Places.