2–3 pm ET
(Pan-American Health Organization)
The Pandemic in Latin America and the Caribbean: Assessing the Way Forward
AS/COA hosted experts to give an overview of where the region stands with containing COVID-19 and rolling out vaccines.
Latin America continues to experience some of the highest COVID-19 case rates in the world, with potential implications for economic recovery, health and well-being, and the future of healthcare systems.
Please join Americas Society/Council of the Americas for an expert-panel discussion to review where the region stands against the COVID-19 pandemic and its progress toward vaccination. Panelists will discuss the way forward for the region in overcoming the public health crisis and ensuring effective healthcare systems going forward.
This program is part of AS/COA's Healthcare Series.
- Fernando Llorca Castro, Ambassador of Costa Rica to the U.S.
- Jarbas Barbosa da Silva, Assistant Director, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Neil Parsan, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Parsan Cross Global Strategic Advisors
- Carin Zissis, Editor-in-Chief, AS/COA Online, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Steve Liston, Senior Director, Council of the Americas (moderator)
To register, email Jorge Merino at: email@example.com
For more information, email Stephanie Davis at: firstname.lastname@example.org