In collaboration with Consejo Coordinador Empresarial (CCE),Mujeres en Finanzas, and MBA Mujeres
Join the Women’s Hemispheric Network as we host our fourth conference in Mexico City. Conference participants will have the opportunity to network and join in the conversation with table leaders. This year’s conference will focus on the strategies and initiatives to promote women's leadership and the challenges professional women and men face with their partners as they respond to the demands of two careers.
Registration is now closed and this event is at capacity.
This event will be conducted in Spanish.
- Luz María de la Mora, Viceminister of Foreign Trade, Ministry of the Economy @luzmadelamora (Download a PDF of her presentation.)
- Vanessa Rubio, Senator, Mexican Congress @VRubioMarquez
- Mónica Aspe Bernal, Vice President of External Affairs and Corporate Communications, AT&T Mexico @maspeb
- Sofía Belmar Berumen, Senior Vice President and Country Manager, Metlife Mexico @sofiabelmar
- Rafael Casas-Don, Vice President, Market Access, Medtronic @Medtronic
- Jean-Louis Guisset, Head of J.P. Morgan Private Bank Mexico
- Samantha Ricciardi, Managing Director, Country Head, BlackRock Mexico @BlackRockMX
- Alejandra Rodríguez Sáenz, Corporate HR Senior Vice President, Orbia @orbia
- Paula Santilli, CEO PepsiCo Latin America, @p_santilli (Download a PDF of her presentation.)
- Samuel Villegas, Country Head, Goldman Sachs Mexico
- Sergio Waisser, Managing Partner Mexico, McKinsey & Company @McKinsey
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @ASCOA
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @ASCOA.
Event information: Yvette Garza | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8370
Table Sponsorship Opportunities: Natalia Novak-Williamson | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8374
Individual Membership Information: Lee Evans | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
COA Corporate Membership Information: Mila Fontana | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8331
Note: View a list of COA corporate members.
Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Cancellation: Please contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 19.
Luz María de la Mora Sánchez
Viceminister of Foreign Trade, Ministry of the Economy Mexico
Luz María de la Mora Sánchez is the viceminister of Foreign Trade in the Ministry of Economy. She has been head of the Unit of Economic Relations and the International Cooperation in Mexico’s Foreign Affairs, the International Trade Negotiations Unit in Mexico’s Ministry of Economy, and the representations of Mexico’s Economy Ministry before the European Union in Brussels and before ALADI in Montevideo. Additionally, Luz María has served as economic counselor at the Embassy of Mexico in Washington, DC, and was part of the NAFTA negotiating.
Vanessa Rubio Márquez
Senator, Mexican Congress
Vanessa Rubio is a senator for the LXIV and LXV Legislatures of the Mexican Congress. Additionally, she holds the presidency of the Committee of Foreign Affairs, Latin America and the Caribbean and is a current member of the Committees of Finance and Public Credit; Foreign Affairs, North America; Labor and Social Security; Social Development; and Tourism. Vanessa was elected unanimously by all political forces as vice president of the Latin American and Caribbean Parliament (Parlantino).
Mónica Aspe Bernal
Vice President of External Affairs and Corporate Communications, AT&T México
Monica Aspe Bernal is the vice president of external affairs for AT&T Mexico. She is also responsible for governmental and institutional relations as well as the company’s social responsibility strategy. Before joining AT&T, Monica served as the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Mexico to the OECD, where she was elected president of its Governing Board. Previously, Monica served as undersecretary of communications for the Ministry of Communication and Transport (SCT), where she encouraged public policies derived from the 2013 Telecommunications Reform.
Sofía Belmar Berumen
Senior Vice President and Country Manager, Metlife Mexico
Sofía Belmar Berumen is the country manager of MetLife Mexico. Sofia currently chairs the Board of Directors of MetLife Mexico, MetLife Pensiones Mexico, MetLife Mas and MetLife Mexico Foundation Board. She started her career at MetLife in 2010 as Vice President of Marketing, also she has served as Senior Vice President of Business Development and Distribution with the responsibility of promoting the diversification and growth of the Company towards new market segments, including Private and alternative channels.
Vice President, Market Access, Medtronic
Rafael Casas-Don is the vice president of market access for Medtronic Latin America. In this capacity he oversees the company’s strategy to bring Medtronic’s life-saving medical technologies to an increasing number of patients across the region, leading the deployment and successful leveraging across different areas, such as Government Affairs, Strategic Marketing and Communications, Health Economics, among others.
Head of J.P. Morgan Private Bank Mexico
Jean-Louis Guisset is the current ead of the JP Morgan Private Bank Mexico Onshore platform. Before joining JP Morgan in 2017, Jean-Louis was managing the Private Bank division of INVEX Grupo Financiero for 7 years. Additionally, Jean-Louis was part of INVEX’s Operating Committee and served as board member of Banco INVEX S.A. as well as INVEX Operadora S.A. de C.V, among others. Before joining INVEX, Jean-Louis was head of Strategy and Marketing for CitiBanamex Banca Privada and Banca Patrimonial in Mexico.
Managing Director & Country Head, BlackRock Mexico
Samantha Ricciardi is the managing director, country head, for BlackRock Mexico. Additionally, she is a member of the Executive Committee for the Latin American region and the BlackRock Global Operating Committee. Prior to assuming her current position in 2013, Samantha served as Executive director for sales in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean region, where she was responsible for distribution and management of relation between Mexico and Retail (private banking, independent advisors, y family offices), Ishares and institutional.
Alejandra Rodriguez Saenz
Corporate HR Senior Vice President, Orbia
Alejandra Rodriguez Saenz is the corporate HR senior vice president for Orbia. As a global HR leader with extensive international experience, Alejandra has worked for leading multinational corporations, with a strong background managing Human Resources at global level, including experience in HR strategic consulting, talent development, compensation, benefits & employee relations as well as M&A & integration processes.
CEO, PepsiCo Latin America
Paula Santilli is the chief executive officer of PepsiCo Latin America, leading the company’s food and beverage businesses for Mexico, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. She is responsible for over $7 billion in annual net revenue. Besides being a member of PepsiCo’s Executive Committee, she previously served as the president of PepsiCo Mexico Foods (PMF), where she also led the PepsiCo Mexico Foundation.
Country Head, Goldman Sachs Mexico
Samuel Villegas is the president of Goldman Sachs Mexico Casa de Bolsa, overseeing Trading, Sales and Federation activities locally. Samuel serves on the Latin America Operating Committee and on the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs Mexico Casa de Bolsa. Previously, Samuel was responsible for the Emerging Markets Local Sales Group covering institutional clients in Chile, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Central America. Prior to that, he was in Credit Risk Management & Advisory (CRMA), where he ultimately became head of the Latin America CRMA Group.
Managing Partner Mexico, McKinsey & Company
Sergio Waisser is a managing partner at McKinsey & Company Mexico, where he leads the Financial Institutions Group practice and is a core member of the leadership group in Latin America. With over twenty years of experience at the firm, Sergio has worked on multiple engagements in Mexico, Europe, US and Latin America, becoming an influential voice in the business ecosystem through an extensive network. He has co-authored more than 20 McKinsey Publications on subjects like banking, payments, strategic marketing, Mexican economic development and Leadership.
President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
Susan Segal was elected president and CEO of the Americas Society and Council of the Americas in August 2003 after working in the private sector with Latin America and other emerging markets for over 30 years. A passionate supporter of Latin America, she joined the organizations to implement a new strategic plan to renew and return the Society and Council to their historic position. Prior to her current position, she was a founding partner of her own investment and advisory group focused primarily on Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic sector.
November 20, 2019
“El secreto mejor guardado es la ambición de las mujeres”, dijo Paula Santilli de PepsiCo en su discurso de apertura....
November 20, 2019
“En la medida que incorporamos a las mujeres en el mercado, vamos a transformar la economía”, dijo Luz María de la Mora, subsecretaria de comercio exterior de México....
November 20, 2019
Líderes de MetLife, Goldman Sachs, Mckinsey & Company y del Senado de la República hablaron sobre las acciones que deben implementar las empresas para reducir la brecha de género....
November 20, 2019
El panel de líderes de AT&T México, J.P. Morgan México, BlackRock México y Orbia abordó los desafíos que las parejas profesionales enfrentan....
**All times listed are in local Mexico City time (GMT-6), which is one hour behind New York (ET).**
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 to 9:05 a.m. Opening Remarks
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
9:05 to 9:30 a.m. Keynote Remarks
- Paula Santilli, CEO Latin America, PepsiCo
9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Guest of Honor
- Luz María de la Mora, Viceminister of Foreign Trade, Ministry of the Economy
10:00 to 10:50 a.m. Panel: Making It to the Top – Working toward Professional Success
Women face difficulties in advancing to the highest levels of their organizations, affecting their professional development. What are the barriers standing in their way? What initiatives are companies implementing to expand women’s leadership impact and scope? What can be learned from the women who do make it to the top?
- Sofia Belmar, CEO, Metlife Mexico
- Vanessa Rubio, Senator, Mexican Congress
- Samuel Villegas, Country Head, Goldman Sachs
- Sergio Waisser, Managing Partner Mexico, McKinsey & Company
- Rafael Casas Don, Vice President, Market Access, Medtronic (moderator)
10:50 to 11:20 a.m. Coffee and Networking Break
11:20 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Table Leader Session. This portion will not be webcast and is off the record.
Leaders from a variety of sectors will facilitate an informal conversation with conference participants during lunch.
- Monica Andapia, Goldman Sachs
- Alicia Arias, Vice President, BlackRock Mexico
- Odracir Barquera, Director General of Planning, CCE
- Rosa María Barreiro, Directora General de DECSA y CEO de Persona Global Latin America
- Marivi Esteve, Socia y Directora de NSC asesores
- Esperanza Farfán, Apple Mexico
- Mónica French, MBA Mujeres
- Ana Claudina García Allende, Senior Director of Legal and Public Affairs, American Tower
- Carmen Garcia, Head of Content Pharma Mexico, Elsevier
- Paula Hurtado, Experta en temas de Género en el Sector Privado
- Víctor Herrera, External Consultor
- Gabriela Martell, Executive Director & Senior Finance Officer, J.P. Morgan México
- Fernando Oliveros, Vice President North of LATAM, Medtronic
- Kristie Pellecchia, Senior Advisor, Western Hemisphere, Overseas Private Investment- Corporation
- Araceli Pérez, Directora de Capital Humano, IEnova
- Kelly Scarante, COO, HSBC México
- Anel Suarez, Gerente Senior de Asuntos Externos, Comunicación y Sostenibilidad, AES
- Ursula Wilhelm, Head of Investor Relations, ESG & Financial Intelligence, Banorte
- Inés Vargas Barrera, Segment Head of GB, HSBC Mexico
12:10 to 12:20 p.m. Table Leader Takeaways (on the record)
12:20 to 1:10 p.m. Panel: The Power of Two – Making the Workplace Work for Dual-Career Couples. Webcast resumes.
Despite the significant increase and emphasis on gender equality, many couples continue to struggle with balancing their responsibilities at work and at home. Professional women and men will discuss the challenges they face with their partners as they respond to the demands of two careers.
- Mónica Aspe Bernal, Vice President of External Affairs and Corporate Communications, AT&T Mexico
- Jean-Louis Guisset, Head of J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Samantha Ricciardi, Managing Director, Country Head, BlackRock Mexico
- Alejandra Rodríguez Sáenz, Corporate HR Senior Vice President, Orbia
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Relations, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (moderator)
1:10 to 1:15 p.m. Closing Remarks
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Relations, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
1:15 to 2:00 p.m. Networking Session