Registration: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
(9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET)
(Image: Pedro Uribe)
AS/COA Women's Hemispheric Network Conference: Mexico City
Join AS/COA's Women’s Hemispheric Network as we celebrate our fourth conference in Mexico City on November 20.
Join the Women’s Hemispheric Network as we host our fourth conference in Mexico City. Conference participants will have the opportunity to network and join in the conversation with table leaders. This year’s conference will focus on the strategies and initiatives to promote women's leadership and the challenges professional women and men face with their partners as they respond to the demands of two careers.
Registration is now closed and this event is at capacity.
This event will be conducted in Spanish.
- Luz María de la Mora, Viceminister of Foreign Trade, Ministry of the Economy @luzmadelamora (Download a PDF of her presentation.)
- Vanessa Rubio, Senator, Mexican Congress @VRubioMarquez
- Mónica Aspe Bernal, Vice President of External Affairs and Corporate Communications, AT&T Mexico @maspeb
- Sofía Belmar Berumen, Senior Vice President and Country Manager, Metlife Mexico @sofiabelmar
- Rafael Casas-Don, Vice President, Market Access, Medtronic @Medtronic
- Jean-Louis Guisset, Head of J.P. Morgan Private Bank Mexico
- Samantha Ricciardi, Managing Director, Country Head, BlackRock Mexico @BlackRockMX
- Alejandra Rodríguez Sáenz, Corporate HR Senior Vice President, Orbia @orbia
- Paula Santilli, CEO PepsiCo Latin America, @p_santilli (Download a PDF of her presentation.)
- Samuel Villegas, Country Head, Goldman Sachs Mexico
- Sergio Waisser, Managing Partner Mexico, McKinsey & Company @McKinsey
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @ASCOA
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @ASCOA.
Event information: Yvette Garza | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8370
Table Sponsorship Opportunities: Natalia Novak-Williamson | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8374
Individual Membership Information: Lee Evans | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
COA Corporate Membership Information: Mila Fontana | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8331
Note: View a list of COA corporate members.
Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Cancellation: Please contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 19.
In collaboration with Consejo Coordinador Empresarial (CCE),Mujeres en Finanzas, and MBA Mujeres
**All times listed are in local Mexico City time (GMT-6), which is one hour behind New York (ET).**
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 to 9:05 a.m. Opening Remarks
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
9:05 to 9:30 a.m. Keynote Remarks
- Paula Santilli, CEO Latin America, PepsiCo
9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Guest of Honor
- Luz María de la Mora, Viceminister of Foreign Trade, Ministry of the Economy
10:00 to 10:50 a.m. Panel: Making It to the Top – Working toward Professional Success
Women face difficulties in advancing to the highest levels of their organizations, affecting their professional development. What are the barriers standing in their way? What initiatives are companies implementing to expand women’s leadership impact and scope? What can be learned from the women who do make it to the top?
- Sofia Belmar, CEO, Metlife Mexico
- Vanessa Rubio, Senator, Mexican Congress
- Samuel Villegas, Country Head, Goldman Sachs
- Sergio Waisser, Managing Partner Mexico, McKinsey & Company
- Rafael Casas Don, Vice President, Market Access, Medtronic (moderator)
10:50 to 11:20 a.m. Coffee and Networking Break
11:20 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Table Leader Session. This portion will not be webcast and is off the record.
Leaders from a variety of sectors will facilitate an informal conversation with conference participants during lunch.
- Monica Andapia, Goldman Sachs
- Alicia Arias, Vice President, BlackRock Mexico
- Odracir Barquera, Director General of Planning, CCE
- Rosa María Barreiro, Directora General de DECSA y CEO de Persona Global Latin America
- Marivi Esteve, Socia y Directora de NSC asesores
- Esperanza Farfán, Apple Mexico
- Mónica French, MBA Mujeres
- Ana Claudina García Allende, Senior Director of Legal and Public Affairs, American Tower
- Carmen Garcia, Head of Content Pharma Mexico, Elsevier
- Paula Hurtado, Experta en temas de Género en el Sector Privado
- Víctor Herrera, External Consultor
- Gabriela Martell, Executive Director & Senior Finance Officer, J.P. Morgan México
- Fernando Oliveros, Vice President North of LATAM, Medtronic
- Kristie Pellecchia, Senior Advisor, Western Hemisphere, Overseas Private Investment- Corporation
- Araceli Pérez, Directora de Capital Humano, IEnova
- Kelly Scarante, COO, HSBC México
- Anel Suarez, Gerente Senior de Asuntos Externos, Comunicación y Sostenibilidad, AES
- Ursula Wilhelm, Head of Investor Relations, ESG & Financial Intelligence, Banorte
- Inés Vargas Barrera, Segment Head of GB, HSBC Mexico
12:10 to 12:20 p.m. Table Leader Takeaways (on the record)
12:20 to 1:10 p.m. Panel: The Power of Two – Making the Workplace Work for Dual-Career Couples. Webcast resumes.
Despite the significant increase and emphasis on gender equality, many couples continue to struggle with balancing their responsibilities at work and at home. Professional women and men will discuss the challenges they face with their partners as they respond to the demands of two careers.
- Mónica Aspe Bernal, Vice President of External Affairs and Corporate Communications, AT&T Mexico
- Jean-Louis Guisset, Head of J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Samantha Ricciardi, Managing Director, Country Head, BlackRock Mexico
- Alejandra Rodríguez Sáenz, Corporate HR Senior Vice President, Orbia
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Relations, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (moderator)
1:10 to 1:15 p.m. Closing Remarks
- Ragnhild Melzi, Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Relations, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
1:15 to 2:00 p.m. Networking Session