Registration: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Conference: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m....
2017 Latin American Cities Conferences: Brasilia
Council of the Americas hosts President Michel Temer on March 21 at its first Latin American Cities conference in Brasília.
Follow the discussion on Twitter: #CouncilBR | @ASCOA
BRAZIL'S AGENDA FOR INVESTMENT AND GROWTH
Registration to participate in person is closed. Only people who have received the confirmation email will be allowed in the room.
The Council of the Americas, in partnership with Apex-Brasil, is bringing its Latin American Cities Conferences series to Brasília for the first time. During this half-day conference, leading government officials from Brazil, high-level investors, and business executives will have an opportunity to exchange their views on the country’s economic outlook, trade, investment agenda, and infrastructure. The conference will be webcast live to a global audience, and the press will be invited to cover the event.
- Michel Temer, President, Federative Republic of Brazil @MichelTemer @Planalto
- Henrique Meirelles, Brazil's Minister of Finance @FazendaGovBr (Download his presentation.)
- Ilan Goldfajn, Governor, Brazil's Central Bank @BancoCentralBR (Download his remarks.)
- Aloysio Nunes Ferreira, Brazil's Minister of Foreign Affairs @Aloysio_Nunes @ItamaratyGovBr
- Dyogo Oliveira, Brazil's Minister of Planning, Development, and Management @planejamentobr (Download his presentation.)
- Marcos Pereira, Brazil's Minister of Industry, Foreign Trade, and Services @marcospereira04 @MdicGov
- Wellington Moreira Franco, Brazil's Minister of the General Secretariat of the Presidency @MoreiraFranco
- Roberto Jaguaribe, President, Apex-Brasil @ApexBrasil
- Bernerd Da Santos, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), The AES Corporation @TheAESCorp
- Rafael Guedes, Managing Director, Fitch Ratings @FitchLatAm
- Donna Hrinak, President, Latin America and Caribbean, Boeing @BoeingBrasil
- Rogerio Mendonça, President and CEO, GE Oil & Gas Latin America @ge_oilandgas
- Enrique Ostalé, President and CEO, Walmart Latin America, India, and Africa @walmart_br
- Samantha Pearson, Brazil Correspondent, Wall Street Journal @Samanthapearson
- Alexei Remizov, Managing Director & Co-Head of Debt Capital Markets Latin America, HSBC Securities @HSBC_US
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @s_segal
- Hugo Villegas, President, Medtronic Latin America @Medtronic
- Brian Winter, Vice President of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas; Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly @BrazilBrian
*Additional speakers to be confirmed.
Event Information: Rebeca Brown | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8378
Sponsorship Opportunities: Ana Calderon | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8358
COA Corporate Membership: Mila Fontana | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8331
Note: To view a list of COA corporate members, please click here.
Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation: Please contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 3:00 p.m. on Monday, March 20.
*This agenda is subject to change.
All times are local for Brasilia (UTC-3), one hour ahead of ET.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
A VIP Holding Room will be available for government officials throughout the conference so that they can engage with international investors and executives.
8:30 a.m. – 8:40 a.m. Welcome Remarks
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Roberto Jaguaribe, President, Agência Brasileira de Promoção de Exportações e
8:40 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. Opening Keynote Address
- Michel Temer, President of Brazil
9:20 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. Presentation: International Trade and Investment Opportunities
- Aloysio Nunes, Minister of Foreign Affairs
9:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Presentation: MDIC's Agenda and Policies to Foster Foreign Investment in Brazil
- Marcos Pereira, Minister of Industry, Foreign Trade, and Services (MDIC)
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Panel: Doing Business in Brazil – Challenges and Opportunities across Sectors
- Enrique Ostalé, President and CEO, Walmart Latin America, India, and Africa
- Hugo Villegas, President, Latin America, Medtronic
- Alexei Remizov, Managing Director & Co-Head of Debt Capital Markets Latin America, HSBC Securities
- Brian Winter, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas; Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly (moderator)
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Coffee Break
11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Presentation
- Dyogo de Oliveira, Minister of Planning, Development, and Management
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Presentation: Infrastructure Investment & Economic Growth
- Wellington Moreira Franco, Minister of the General Secretariat of the Presidency
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Panel: Investing in Brazil’s Infrastructure
- Rogerio Mendonça, President and CEO, GE Oil & Gas Latin America
- Bernerd Da Santos, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO), The AES Corporation
- Donna Hrinak, President, Latin America and Caribbean, Boeing
- Rafael Guedes, Managing Director, Fitch Ratings (moderator)
1:00 – 1:40 p.m. The State of the Brazilian Economy
- Ilan Goldfajn, Governor of the Central Bank
- Samantha Pearson, Correspondent in Brazil, Wall Street Journal (interviewer)
1:40 – 2:00 p.m. Presentation: Key Reforms to Strengthen the Brazilian Economy
- Henrique Meirelles, Minister of Finance
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Lunch and Networking Session