- Alberto Bernal, Chief Emerging Markets and Global Strategist, XP Securities
- Michael Cullen, Senior Partner, Control Risks
- Joe Kogan, Head of Latin American Strategy, Scotiabank
- Lisa Schineller, Managing Director, S&P Global Ratings (moderator)
Experts discussed what's next after Colombian voters elected Iván Duque president in the June 17 runoff with ex-Bogotá Mayor Gustavo Petro. They analyzed the importance of the high participation at the polls, how new congressional coalitions will work under Duque's presidency, the effects of the influx of Venezuelans, and where there might be room to adjust the implementation of the FARC peace process.
- Learn more about the vote with our Colombia Election Guide.
- Read and hear where Colombia's center goes from here.