1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
(Image: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission)
Crypto in the Americas: What Must Policymakers Consider?
Council of the Americas convenes an expert panel to discuss the benefits, risks, and policy considerations of cryptocurrency usage in the Americas.
Please join us virtually at the Council of the Americas as we host a high-level discussion with industry, regulatory, and human rights representatives to explore the policy implications of the burgeoning interest in cryptocurrency throughout the Americas.
El Salvador, the first country to fully adopt Bitcoin as legal tender, has attracted global interest and attention. Despite the volatility associated with crypto and the limited experience with the still emerging blockchain technology in the region, several other countries are also considering its adoption and usage. Nonetheless, questions abound given the newness of the technology and its potential for massive disruption.
- Jaclyn Cahan, Chief of Cyber and Emergent Issues, FINCEN, U.S. Treasury Department
- Patrick Campos, Chief Strategy Officer, Securrency
- Alex Gladstein, Chief Strategy Officer, Human Rights Foundation
- Eric Parrado, Chief Economist & General Manager, Research Dept., Inter-American Development Bank
- Driss Temsamani, Managing Director- Head of Digital, Citi Latin America
- Shery Ahn, Anchor, Bloomberg TV (moderator)
No registration is required to view this live event.