1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Crypto in the Americas: Policy Considerations
Council of the Americas convened an expert panel to discuss the benefits, risks, and policy considerations of cryptocurrency usage in the Americas.
Please join the Council of the Americas for a virtual discussion with industry, regulatory, and human rights representatives on policy implications of exploding interest in the crypto space across the Americas.
Dramatic market swings in recent days have brought renewed attention to sector volatility. Questions abound given the newness of the technology and its potential for massive disruption, both at the macro and micro levels. Several countries are actively considering joining El Salvador in adopting crypto in the conduct of official business. Financial institutions and private entities across all sectors, too, are faced with new realities brought on by increasingly common commercial crypto use.
It’s time to take a closer look at the policy considerations of crypto in the Americas.
- Jaclyn Cahan, Chief of Cyber and Emergent Issues, FINCEN, U.S. Treasury Department
- Patrick Campos, Chief Strategy Officer, Securrency @Securrency
- Alex Gladstein, Chief Strategy Officer, Human Rights Foundation @gladstein
- Eric Parrado, Chief Economist and General Manager, Research Deptartment, Inter-American Development Bank @eric_parrado
- Driss Temsamani, Managing Director and Head of Digital, Citi Latin America @DrissTemsamani
- Shery Ahn, Anchor, Bloomberg TV (moderator) @SheryAhnNews
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (welcome and introduction) @ericfarns
No registration is required to view this live event.