5–6 pm ET
(Image: Mercedes Zapata)
In the Studio: Victoria Martinez
Watch the video: Americas Society hosted the multidisciplinary artist on Instagram Live to discuss her practice.
Victoria Martinez in conversation with Natalia Viera Salgado, assistant curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice. Check out the series playlist.
About the artist:
Victoria Martinez is an interdisciplinary artist who explores textiles, painting, printmaking, and installation art. She received a BFA from the Minneapolis College of Art and Design in 2010 and an MFA in painting and printmaking from Yale University School of Art in 2020. Martinez has exhibited at the Yale University Art Gallery, the National Museum of Mexican Art, the Loyola University Museum of Art, and her work has been critically appraised in Poetry Foundation Magazine and The University of Chicago Press. Upcoming projects include solo exhibitions at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles and the Chicago Cultural Center, and her work will be featured in New American Paintings.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Watch a video about Terence Gower: The Good Neighbour.
- Check out the current exhibition Terence Gower: The Good Neighbour.
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Joaquín Orellana: The Spine of Music.
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Reflections on Joaquín Orellana's Marimba Imaginaria
- In Discussion: Presenting Biennial FEMSA XIV
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS