5–6 pm ET
(Guiomar de Mesa)
In the Studio: Maximiliano Siñani
Watch the video: Americas Society hosted the Bolivian artist on Instagram Live on January 27 to discuss his practice.
Maximiliano Siñani in conversation with Aimé Iglesias Lukin, director and chief curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice. Check out the series playlist.
About the artist:
Maximiliano Siñani (Bolivia, 1989) lives and works in Turin. Siñani studied Architecture at the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés in La Paz and Fine Arts at the School of Visual Arts in New York. He is the co-founder of 67 on the Lower East Side, New York. Solo exhibitions include El Museo del Barrio in New York, Museo Nacional de Arte in La Paz, Y Gallery, Open Source Gallery, Michael Mut Gallery. He has been part of all the Bolivian Biennials, and frequently invited to collectives. "Sylvia Lipson Allen Memorial" award through the School of Visual Arts, 1 prize at XIX Bienal de Santa Cruz in 2014, and an Honorable Mention in the LXVII Salón Pedro Domingo Murillo in 2019. Residences at Kiosko of Santa Cruz, ISCP (International Studies & Curatorial Programs) in Brooklyn, CRIPTA747 in Turin, and La Casa col Forno in Rorá. Published by Disonare Magazine, Bukow Press, Arte al Limite and A - Ediciones Arte contemporáneo. He is currently at Städelschule in Frankfurt, Germany.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Joaquín Orellana: The Spine of Music.
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca