5–6 pm ET
(Image: Luciano Jaureguy)
In the Studio: Beto de Volder
Watch the video: Americas Society hosted the Argentine artist on Instagram Live to discuss his practice.
Beto de Volder in conversation with Aimé Iglesias Lukin, director and chief curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice. Check out the series playlist.
About the artist:
Beto De Volder (b. 1962) is an Argentine painter and sculptor whose work often examines the boundary between chaos and restraint. While the curving lines that comprise his compositions are finite—fixed in size, color, and weight—their dynamic loops and intersections imply motion that continues energetically and unhindered through space. De Volder studied at the Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes Manuel Belgrano in Buenos Aires from 1986 to 1989. In 1993, he won first prize in painting at the III Biennial of Young Artists (Buenos Aires); and the following year, received a scholarship from the Antorchas Foundation. De Volder’s artwork can be found within internationally-recognized cultural institutions and private collections.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Watch a video about Terence Gower: The Good Neighbour.
- Check out the current exhibition Terence Gower: The Good Neighbour.
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Joaquín Orellana: The Spine of Music.
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Reflections on Joaquín Orellana's Marimba Imaginaria
- In Discussion: Presenting Biennial FEMSA XIV
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS