10:00 to 11:30 am ET
Opportunities for Digital Infrastructure Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
AS/COA hosted a private virtual roundtable on digital infrastructure and economic growth in the region, in cooperation with Google.
Digital connectivity is vital for accelerating economic recovery in developing countries. Latin America and Caribbean have made great progress in accelerating internet access for its population, but challenges remain. In partnership with Google, AS/COA hosted a strategic, private, on-the-record virtual roundtable to discuss opportunities for digital infrastructure development and economic growth in Latin America and the Caribbean. Speakers discussed how to expand connectivity in the region through a conversation with telecommunication regulators, government authorities, private sector leaders, and technical experts.
- Eleonora Rabinovich, Acting Director, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Spanish Speaking LatAm, Google
- Carmen Ferreiro Cabezas, Manager, Analysys Mason
- Gabriel Gurméndez Armand-Ugon, President, National Telecommunications Administration (ANTEL), Uruguay
- Susana Cordeiro Guerra, Manager, Institutions for Development, Inter-American Development Bank
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, AS/COA
- Tamar Colodenco, Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Southern Cone, Google
Learn more about AS/COA's Tech Series: https://www.as-coa.org/ascoa-tech-series