10:00 to 11:00 am ET
Improving Sustainability of Healthcare Systems Through Value-Based Procurement
Council of the Americas hosted an expert panel to explain how to provide more efficient care for patients, allowing systems to stretch their budgets.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare systems that were already under strain and lacking funds are now facing additional challenges to ensure they can offer sustainable healthcare to patients. Cost-cutting will not allow for sustained and equitable quality care, while additional funding may not improve results if systems are not structured to use it efficiently. Innovative financial mechanisms are already in use that can help Latin American and Caribbean governments overcome these challenges.
As we continue our series “A Better Healthcare Future for the Americas,” join the Council of the Americas for an expert panel on value-based procurement. The panel will discuss how this system can provide better and more efficient care for patients, allowing systems to stretch their budgets over the long-term.
- Ramon Maspons, Chief Health Innovation Strategist, Ministry of Health, Government of Catalonia
- Ramiro Guerrero Carvajal, Principal Specialist, Social Protection and Health Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- Claudia Brabata, Director, Government Affairs & Policy, Latin America, Medtronic
- Diego Guarin, Regional Market Access Lead for Latin America, Merck
- Gabriela Prada, Global Senior Director, Health Systems Policy, Global Government Affairs, Medtronic (moderator)
Please note that this program will be held in Spanish with Portuguese interpretation.