Registration and Continental Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
2018 Latin American Cities Conferences: Santiago
AS/COA will host its thirteenth annual conference in Santiago on August 9.
Perspectives on Chile: Reforms, the Economy, and the New Administration
In collaboration with: La Bolsa de Santiago, Columbia Global Center/Santiago, ComunidadMujer, CORFO, Endeavor, Grupo Liderazgo and InvestChile
As President Sebastián Piñera reassumes power after Chile's recent presidential elections, constituents are optimistic about the business and financial outlook for the country, driven by a strong economy, a unified and experienced governing coalition, and legislative reform. To discuss what comes next for President Piñera's administration, AS/COA, in partnership with Chile's Ministry of Finance, will host the thirteenth annual Latin American Cities Conference in Santiago. Leaders from both the private and public sectors will address opportunities and challenges arising from Chile's economic outlook, potential for foreign investment, and the ongoing efforts to bring about gender equality in the country.
- Felipe Larraín, Finance Minister, Chile @felipelarrain
- Carolina Cuevas Merino, Undersecretary, Ministry of Women and Gender Equality, Chile @carola_cuevasm
- Jorge Becerra, Senior Partner & Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group @JorgeBecerraBCG
- Ricardo Falú, CEO, AES Gener @TheAESCorp
- Elizabeth Nieto, Senior Vice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion, MetLife @MetLife
- Victor Rico, Secretary General, Banco de Desarrollo de América Latina, CAF @AgendaCAF
- Esteban Rodríguez, Country Managing Director, Accenture Chile @Accenture_CL
- Claudia Manuela Sánchez Muñoz, Director, Banco de Crédito e Inversiones @manola_sanchez
- Luis Valdés, President, Principal International @principal
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @s_segal
Registration: This event free to attend, though prior registration is required.
All times are in local Santiago time, which is in the same time zone as New York (UTC -4).
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration and Coffee
9:00 – 9:10 a.m. Welcoming Remarks
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
9:10 – 9:30 a.m. Keynote Address
- Felipe Larraín, Finance Minister of Chile
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Panel, “The Business Climate in Chile: An International Perspective”
A conversation with private sector leaders and foreign investors on challenges and opportunities for growth and investment in key industries in Chile
- Ricardo Falú, CEO, AES Gener
- Victor Rico, Secretary General, Banco de Desarrollo de América Latina, CAF
- Luis Valdés, President, Principal International
- Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (moderator)
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Panel, “Working Toward Gender Parity”
A multisector conversation on the participation of women in the public and private sectors in Chile and the region. What can be done to bring about greater gender parity?
- Carolina Cuevas Merino, Undersecretary, Chilean Ministry of Women and Gender Equality
- Elizabeth Nieto, Senior Vice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion, MetLife
- Esteban Rodríguez, Country Managing Director, Accenture Chile
- Claudia Manuela Sánchez Muñoz, Director, Banco BCI
- Jorge Becerra, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group (moderator)
11:30 – 11:35 a.m. Closing Remarks