In a globalized economy, chief financial officers (CFOs) must deal with a wide range of issues while operating across multiple jurisdictions. Now more than ever, compliance, financial planning, budgeting, foreign exchange risks, working capital, and process efficiencies are among the top concerns for today’s CFO. At the same time, expectations on CFOs to be more than day-to-day financial administrators are higher than ever. The realities of conducting business in the Americas creates challenges which require well informed, strategic, and disciplined leadership.
In 2016, Council of the Americas assumed control of the Latin Trade Group’s successful CFO Forum Series. The forums, which convene CFOs from major multinational corporations, are held each year in cities throughout the hemisphere. The meetings are private, by invitation only, and allow CFOs to discuss current trends in corporate finance in Latin America and beyond. Through multiple panel roundtable discussions, senior finance executives share insights and ideas in an informal setting. In 2019, the CFO Forum Series hosted meetings in Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Lima, Mexico City, and São Paulo. The forums are private meetings for qualified CFOs, and open to member and non-member organizations.
2020 CFO SERIES CALENDAR
|April||Mexico City, Mexico CFO Forum|
|May||São Paulo, Brazil CFO Forum|
|June||Bogotá, Colombia CFO Forum|
|July||Lima, Peru CFO Forum|
|August||Buenos Aires, Argentina CFO Forum|
|November||Miami, Regional CFO Forum|
2018 CFO Forums
- CFO Miami Forum, December 7, was moderated by Jane Bussey, managing director-forensics & litigation at FTI Consulting and featured Kathryn Rooney Vera, head of research & strategy at Bulltick Capital, who opened the Forum with a presentation on Latin America’s market and economic outlook for 2019. Leading the roundtable conversations were distinguished speakers Moises Vidal, managing director of treasury sales, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Camilo Figueredo-Davis, director of finance and CFO, Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions Latin America; Noemie Heuland, regional CFO Latin America, SAP; Giulio RIndi, CFO LAC, Mastercard; Antonio Gandara, finance director, Revlon; Alejandro Ubeira, VP Corporate Accounting and Reporting – Americas Region, Deutsche Post, DHL Group, Yuda Saydun, Founder & President, CyVent; Christian Nieves, special agent-cyber crimes, FBI Miami Division.
- CFO Bogotá Forum, August 22, featured a keynote address by Ana Fernanda Maiguashca, co-director of Banco de la República and was moderated by Santiago Gutierrez, executive editor, Latin Trade Group. The roundtable conversation was led by distinguished speakers including: Ursula Haaker Ramirez, director, Global Transaction Services Andean & CA Region, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Ricardo Avila, editor-in-chief, Portafolio; Andrés Cadena, senior partner, McKinsey & Company; Rosemery Carrillo, cirector of strategy and finance, Oleoducto Central SA; Carlos Eduardo Botero, managing director, Shared Services Center Finance, Grupo Alquería; Claudia Carolina Perdomo, treasurer, The AES Corporation; Juan Carlos Sampedro Tobon, director, Capital Markets, Empresas Públicas de Medellín; Marcelo Fernandes, director, Latin America Marketing, SAP Ariba; Alexia Javier Blanco Riveira, CFO, Empresas de Acueducto de Bogotá.
- CFO Lima Forum, July 19, was moderated by Joaquín Valle del Olmo, partner & managing director, The Boston Consulting Group. The roundtable conversation was led by distinguished speakers including: Jose Carlos Saavedra, partner, Apoyo Consultoria; Kelly Santiago, SFO Peru, Ecuador & Central America, Equixfax Inc.; Luigi Debernardi, Peru finance director/ CFO, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries; Alejandro Yanes Cruz, treasurer, PetroPerú; Carlos Perales Reyes, director of capital markets and financial planning, Telefónica del Peru; Catalina Manrique, president LAC, SAP Ariba; Juan Carlos Rodriguez, vice president finance and administration, Yanbal.
- CFO São Paulo Forum, May 24, was moderated by Ricardo Tiezzi from The Boston Consulting Group. The roundtable conversation was led by distinguished speakers including: Annali Duane, managing director, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; David Beker, chief Brazil economist & fixed income strategist, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Valeria Roane, CFO, Dow Latin America; Daniel Levy, corporate vice president, CFO and IRO, Arezzo & Co; Felipe Rugani, CFO corporate segment, Brazil region, Sodexo; Marcelo Fernandes, director Latin America marketing, SAP Ariba; Ricardo Sennes, managing director, Prospectiva.
- CFO Mexico City Forum, April 26, featured a keynote address by Javier Eduardo Guzmán Calafell, deputy governor of Banco De Mexico, and was moderated by Miguel Siliceo Valdespino, CFO of Bancomext. The roundtable conversation was led by distinguished speakers including: Martin Barrios, managing director, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Javier Mancera, director and founding partner, De la Calle, Madrazo, Mancera, SC; Luis Eduardo Diaz Loera, treasury & financing manager, Grupo Kuo; Pablo Garcia Aguilar, CFO Empresas ICA; Marcelo Fernandes, director Latin America marketing, SAP Ariba; Luis Dario Rodríguez Ochoa, sustainability manager, Coca-Cola FEMSA; Peter Wiegandt, chief commercial and digital transformation officer, Grupo Lala.
2017 CFO Forums
- CFO Miami Forum, December 8, featured discussions led by Mauro Echeverri, head of controlling and distribution planning, South East USA and Latin America, Swarovski; Carlos Mercuriali, COO, Latin America and Caribbean, SAP Ariba; Alexander Michiels, vice president, CFO, SCS & DTS, Ryder System, Inc.; Luis Pulido, CFO, Elandis; and Elias Tavarez, vice president, CFO, LALA U.S., Inc.
- CFO Lima Forum, November 16, featured discussions led by Francisco Barua, chief investment officer, UNACEM; Victor Manuel Cabanillas De la Torre, corporate finance manager, Ransa; Patricia Gastelumendi, CFO, Ferreycorp; Renato Reyes, manager of finance services and treasury, Ripley; and keynote address by Adrián Armas, chief economist, Banco Central de Reserva del Peru
- CFO Mexico City Forum, September 6, featured keynote speaker Vanessa Rubio, undersecretary of finance and public credit of Mexico; and discussions led by John Gleason, vice president, treasury, tax and investor relations, WALMEX; and Ricardo Sánchez Barker, CFO, Aeroméxico
- CFO Buenos Aires Forum, August 23, featured panelists Pedro Arnt, CFO of Mercadolibre.com; Edgardo Carlos, CFO of Tenaris; and keynote speaker Miguel A. Kiguel, executive director, Econviews
- CFO Bogotá Forum, June 8, featured keynote speaker Juan José Echavarría, governor, Banco de la República; and panelists Alejandro Porras, corporate treasury director, Ecopetrol; and Tatiana Uribe, vice president, financial planning and investor relations, Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores S.A.
- CFO São Paulo Forum, May 10, featuring regional finance executives from IBM Corporation, SAP, Expedia, the Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., the Walt Disney Company and themes of digital transformation in the finance function and the role of information technology 2016 CFO Forums
2016 CFO Forums
- CFO Lima Forum, November 16, featured finance executives from Alicorp, Belcorp, Cencosud, Cinépolis, Grupo Romero
- CFO Miami Forum, September 30, featured regional finance executives from organizations such as Bunge, Microsoft, Oracle, PepsiCo and SAP
- CFO Buenos Aires Forum, August 23, featured speakers Daniel González, CFO of YPF; Fernando Navajas, chief economist at Fundación de Investigaciones Económicas Latinoamericanas (FIEL); and Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO of Globant
- CFO Bogotá Forum, June 14, featured keynote speaker Jorge Hernán Toro Córdoba, Chief Economist at Banco de la República, Colombia
- CFO Monterrey Forum, May 19, featured keynote speaker Carlos Capistrán, Chief Mexico Economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- CFO Mexico City Forum, May 17, featured keynote speaker Javier Guzmán Calafell, Deputy Governor at Banco de México
- CFO Rio de Janeiro Forum, April 8, featured keynote speaker Leonardo Pereira, Chairman of Comissão de Valores Mobiliários
- CFO São Paulo Forum, April 6, featured keynote speaker Flavio Cotini, President and CEO of Walmart Brazil