- Kiki del Valle, Senior Vice President, Digital Partnerships, Mastercard LAC
- Osvaldo Gimenez, CEO, MercadoPago and EVP, MercadoLibre
- Fernando Iraola, Managing Director, Head of Latin America Corporate Banking & Global Transaction Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Cristina Junqueira, Co-founder, Nubank
- Jorge Becerra, Managing Director & Senior Partner, Boston Consulting Group (moderator)
“Seven years ago, the term fintech or unicorn did not exist,” said Cristina Junqueira of Nubank, one of the newest financial technology unicorns of Latin America, on a panel at twenty-fifth annual Council of the Americas Symposium in Miami. Industry leaders joined her in discussing how digital technology has transformed the payments and banking industry, expanded financial inclusion, and improved customer experience and security. For MercadoPago’s Osvaldo Gimenez, increasing case-uses for a single smartphone application is top of mind for the industry. Kiki del Valle of Mastercard said tokenization will be at the forefront of the next digital wave, in which regulators will play a crucial role, added Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Fernando Iraola.