6–7 pm ET
YPA: Latin America's Infodemic
With the ongoing health crisis and the upcoming elections, regional experts will discuss the challenges that disinformation poses for Latin America.
As news production and social media use has dramatically increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the threat of mis- and disinformation poses major challenges to Latin America.
This year the region will be facing electoral processes in nine countries, while the health crisis continues to impact the stability of the region from social and economic perspectives. In this context, the increased exposure to false information reaching citizens in Latin America jeopardizes recovery efforts and measures to control the crisis.
Join Young Professionals of the Americas for a conversation with regional experts to discuss the challenges that disinformation poses for Latin America and ways to mitigate its impact.
- Tai Nalon, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Aos Fatos
- Saiph Savage, Director, Civic Innovation Lab and Fellow, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Juan Carlos Rodriguez Raga, Co-Director, Observatorio de la Democracia, Universidad de los Andes
- Laura Zommer, Executive Director and Editor-in-Chief, Chequeado
- Carin Zissis, Editor-in-Chief, AS/COA Online (moderator)
To register, please email us at: email@example.com
Not a member yet? Join YPA today for access to our networking and social events, such as private art fair tours, concerts, and intimate talks with industry leaders around professional development.
Want to learn more about events like this? Sign up for the YPA mailing list.