How is the U.S.-Mexico relationship changing under President Donald Trump? What will the impact be on the border region? Americas Quarterly magazine has convened a panel of experts to debate the future of the bilateral relationship—and how it will affect trade, immigration, and the millions of people who live along the border. The event will be held in partnership with the El Paso Community Foundation and the U.S.-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership. A reception will follow the discussion.
- Karen Antebi, Economic Counselor, Trade & NAFTA Office, Embassy of Mexico
- Jon Barela, CEO, The Borderplex Alliance @JonBarela1
- Alfredo Corchado, Award-winning journalist, author, and Mexico bureau chief of The Dallas Morning News @ajcorchado
- Veronica Escobar, El Paso County judge @vgescobar
- Paul Foster, Founder and former Executive Chairman, Western Refining, Inc.
- Brian Winter, Editor-in-chief, Americas Quarterly; vice president of policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (moderator) @BrazilBrian
Registration: This event is complimentary for all registrants.
Prior registration is required.
Event Information: Beckie Bintrim | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8372
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 7.
June 14, 2017
What's the scenario for communities at the U.S.-Mexico border? Panelists joined Americas Quarterly in El Paso to discuss the border region and bilateral ties....