4–5:15 pm ET
Unleashing the Power of Family Businesses in a Post-Covid World
COA hosts industry leaders to discuss the competitive advantages and opportunities of family businesses as the world recovers from COVID-19.
Join Council of the Americas to hear perspectives from industry leaders on the future of family businesses in a post-Covid world. They may not always have the economic highs of public companies riding a bull market, but these closed corporations are adept at avoiding economic lows. That’s because they measure success differently—on their own terms.
BanyanGlobal partner Josh Baron, co-author of the Harvard Business Review Family Business Handbook: How to Build and Sustain a Successful, Enduring Enterprise, will offer insights into why family businesses will emerge from the pandemic not only stronger than ever, but with competitive advantages over their peers. In fact, Baron explains why the 21st century may belong to family businesses.
Baron’s introductory remarks will be followed by a panel discussion with representatives from leading family entities from Latin America, which will explore the specific competitive advantages these businesses have, lessons learned through the pandemic, the importance of developing a family talent machine, and where family businesses can and cannot compete with public companies.
- Federico Braun, President and Former General Manager, La Anónima
- Luis Ermirio de Moraes, Director, Grupo Votorantim
- Enrique Zambrano, Chairman of the Board, Grupo Proeza
- Josh Baron, Co-Founder and Partner, BanyanGlobal (moderator)
- Jorge Becerra, Emeritus Senior Partner & Senior Advisor, BCG (Guest chair)
- Maria Lourdes Gallo, Vice President, AS/COA Miami (AS/COA chair)
For more information, contact Yndira Marin at: firstname.lastname@example.org