Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Discussion and Q&A: 8...
Transitioning to Clean Energy in Central America and the Caribbean
COA's Energy Action Group will host a forum in Miami on renewable energy in Central America and the Caribbean.
AS/COA’s Energy Action Group presents a public forum to discuss ongoing efforts to bring clean energy to Central America and the Caribbean. Natural gas (as a “bridge fuel”) and renewable energy require a significant upgrade in infrastructure investment and the coordination of investors and donor countries. Panelists will address initiatives from the U.S. government, multilateral organizations, and the private sector to facilitate a transition to cleaner energy and contribute to the region’s energy independence.
- Edwin De los Santos, President, AES Dominicana
- Christiaan Gischler, Senior Energy Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
- Robert Ichord, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Transformation, U.S. Department of State
- Ana María Majano, Associate Director, Latin American Center for Competitiveness and Sustainable Development, INCAE Business School
- Christian Gómez, Jr., Director of Energy, Council of the Americas (moderator)
This event is complimentary for all AS/COA members, YPA members, and guests. Prior registration is required.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Event Information: Giselle Carratala | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-305-779-4816
AS/COA Membership: Madeleine Johnson | email@example.com | 1-305-779-4816
Press Inquiries: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384