5 to 6 pm ET
In the Studio: Gala Porras-Kim
Watch the video: Americas Society will host the Colombian artist on Instagram Live on May 13 to discuss her artistic practice.
Gala Porras-Kim in conversation with Diana Flatto, Assistant Curator, Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch here and on YouTube live or after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every Wednesday and Friday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice.
About the artist:
Gala Porras-Kim (b. 1984 Bogotá, Colombia) lives and works in Los Angeles. Her practice uses artistic research in the fields of linguistics, history, and conservation, in collaboration with numerous communities and institutions to consider access and representations of the past.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca
Image caption: Gala Porras-Kim in the studio, Los Angeles 2020. Photograph by Audrey Min.