5 to 6 pm ET
In the Studio: Anna Parisi
Watch the video: Americas Society hosted the Brazilian artist on Instagram live on November 18 to discuss her practice.
Anna Parisi in conversation with Natalia Viera Salgado, assistant curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice.
About the artist:
Anna Parisi (b. 1984) is a Brooklyn-based interdisciplinary artist born in Brazil. She received a BA in communications and filmmaking from the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) and an MFA in fine arts from Parsons, The New School of Design in New York. Her work has been presented in Brazil, the United States, and Europe. She is the recipient of the Leslie Lohman Museum Artist Fellowship (2020), the Taller Creative Capital (2019) and has been recently nominated for the AICAD Post-Graduate Teaching Fellowship (2021). Anna has presented her work at EFA Project Space, [.BOX] Videoart project space Milan, The Anya and Andrew Shiva Gallery at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The Hunter East Harlem Art Gallery, La Galleria La Mama, UrbanGlass, The Bureau of General Services—Queer Division and The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center, Smack Mellon, Wesbeth Gallery, Artigo Rio, the Musée D’Elysee in Lausanne, amongst others. Through her practice, Anna explores ideas around systemic racism, colonialism, and patriarchy with her identity as a context. She currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca