Brought to you by:
For over ten years, the Latin American Business Associations (LABA) at NYU Stern and Columbia Business School have positioned their Latin American Business Conference as one of the most anticipated forums to discuss the pressing issues, challenges, and achievements of the region.
This year, both LABA organizations join forces again with the Young Professionals of the Americas (YPA) to organize the 2020 conference. The event will bring together leaders from Latin America for a full day of panels, keynotes, and networking. Private- and public-sector leaders will discuss the current business climate in the region focusing on innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship, while also discussing the outlook for Latin America for the coming decade. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with guest speakers, dive into regional and global trends, and get professional development advice during lunch.
Tickets: $60 for YPA members, $80 for nonmembers.
Not a member yet? Join YPA today for access to this event and our networking and social events, such as private art fair tours, concerts, and intimate talks with industry leaders around professional development.
Want to learn more about events like this? Sign up for the YPA mailing list.
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
9:00 to 9:15 a.m. Opening Remarks
- Latin American Business Associations Representative of NYU, CBS & YPA
9:15 to 10:15 a.m. Keynote Presentation
- Fernando X. Donayre, CEO, CIO and Managing Principal, INCA Investments
10:15 to 11:15 a.m. Panel I: The Investment Landscape for Infrastructure and Energy in the Next 10 Years
- Mario Fernández, Managing Director in Infrastructure and Energy, Macquarie Capital
- George Osorio, Managing Partner, Conduit Capital Partners
- David Gonzalez, Managing Director & Head of Infrastructure, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Professor Ingo Walter, NYU Stern School of Business (moderator)
11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Coffee and Networking Break
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Panel II: Female Leadership in Latin America
- Mariana Castillo, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Ben & Frank
- Camila Torrente, Program Lead & Cocreator for Latin America, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator
- Mai-Nie Chang, Executive Director, Puerto de Vega, Buildtrust and Hay Mujeres
- Wanda K. McClenahan, CFA Institute (moderator)
12:30 to 13:30 p.m. Lunch Break and CFA presentation
13:30 to 14:30 p.m. Panel III: What are the Challenges that Mature Tech Companies are Aacing?
- Matias Spagui, Country Head, Mercado Pago Chile - President FinteChile
- Leopoldo Forero, CEO, Ualet
- Eduardo Weinstein, Head of Analytics and Attribution, Technology-Telecom, Google
- Katie Llanos-Small, Editor, iupana (moderator)
14:30 to 15:30 p.m. Keynote Conversation: Economic and Political Outlook for the Region
- José Antonio Ocampo, Director of the Economic and Political Development Concentration, Columbia University
15:30 to 15:40 p.m. Closing Remarks