Please join AS/COA as we launch the Fall 2013 issue of Americas Quarterly: Freedom of Expression. Our panelists are this year’s gold medal recipients of the 75th Annual Maria Moors Cabot Prizes for their excellence in journalism in Latin America and the Caribbean. Panelists will discuss the impact of crime and violence, the challenge of media concentration, and the increasing use of laws and regulations to control media and threaten journalists.
- Josh Friedman, Director, Maria Moors Cabot Prizes
Overview of Freedom of Expression in the Hemisphere:
- Carlos Lauría, Senior Americas Program Coordinator, Committee to Protect Journalists
- Jon Lee Anderson, Staff Writer, The New Yorker, 2013 Cabot Award Winner
- Santiago A. Canton, Director, Robert F. Kennedy Partners for Human Rights
- Donna DeCesare, Documentary Photographer and Freelance Writer, 2013 Cabot Award Winner
- Mauri König, Special Reporter, Gazeta do Povo, Curitiba, 2013 Cabot Award Winner*
- Christopher Sabatini, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly (Moderator)
*This presentation will be in Spanish
Registration Fee: This event is complimentary for all registrants. Prior registration is required.
Copies of the Fall 2013 Americas Quarterly issue will be available for purchase.
Event Information: Wilda Escarfuller | email@example.com | 212-277-8387
Press: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Visit AQ Online: www.AmericasQuarterly.org
Follow AQ on Twitter: @AmerQuarterly
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmericasQuarterly