11:00 am–12:00 pm ET
Fake News and Elections: How to Reduce the Threat
Americas Quarterly hosted an event examining how to prevent misinformation from damaging the electoral process across the Americas.
Join Americas Quarterly for a virtual event examining how to prevent misinformation and fake news from damaging the electoral process in Brazil and across the Americas. What strategies have worked? What can the private sector, government, and media do to help?
- Minister Luís Roberto Barroso, Justice of the Brazilian Supreme Court and President of the Superior Electoral Court @LRobertoBarroso
- Cristina Tardáguila, Senior Program Director, International Center for Journalists @ctardaguila
- Carlos Affonso Souza, Director, Institute of Technology and Society of Rio de Janeiro @caffsouza
- Marcelo Lacerda, Director of Government Affairs & Public Policy, Google Brasil
- Brian Winter, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly; Vice President, Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas @brazilbrian (moderator)
The program will be livestreamed on this page at 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 3. Registration is not required to watch.
Event Information: Please contact Emilie Sweigart at email@example.com
Press Inquiries: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org