In the face of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Council of the Americas adapted its traditional one-day Latin American Cities Conference: Brasília into a high-level virtual mission, comprising eight private virtual meetings with nine officials in Brasília, beginning the week of June 15 and continuing through August. This by-invitation-only mission offers international investors and Brazilian executives a unique opportunity to engage remotely with key officials in the Brazilian government in an off-the-record setting. Among the topics discussed were the country’s efforts to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, the economic recovery plan to promote growth, and the main opportunities for investment in Brazil.
- Hamilton Mourão, Vice President
- Paulo Guedes, Minister of the Economy
- Marcos Cesar Pontes, Minister of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Tereza Cristina, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock
- Ricardo Salles, Minister of the Environment
- Bento Albuquerque, Minister of Mines and Energy
- Tarcisio Gomes de Freitas, Minister of Infrastructure
- Todd Chapman, U.S. Ambassador to Brazil
- Nestor Forster, Brazilian Ambassador to the U.S.
- Susan Segal, President & CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas