AS/COA hosted a panel on intellectual property protection in Mexico and across the America in this launch of a report by Mexico City-based Fundación IDEA. Participants discussed how the current economic climate affects development of national-level intellectual property rights regimes, the correlation between intellectual property rights and innovation and high-end investment, and the prospects for moving the international intellectual property agenda forward in the absence of the success of the Doha Round and at a time when the trade movement appears diminished.
- Gabriel Kleiman, IP Regional Counsel for Canada and Latin America, Pfizer Inc.
- Alberto Saracho Martínez, Executive Director, Fundación IDEA; Co-Author, IPR Protection: A Motor for Mexican Competitiveness
- Maria Strong, Of Counsel, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Jason Marczak, Director, Policy, AS/COA
- Christopher Sabatini, Senior Director of Policy, AS/COA; Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly (moderator)
Listen to a podcast of the event: