- Katia Bouazza, Managing Director, Head of Latin America Capital Financing HSBC Securities, Inc.
- Andrés Conesa, CEO, Aeromexico
- Fernando Iraola, Managing Director, Head of Latin America Coporate Banking and Global Transaction Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- James P. Scriven, CEO, Inter-American Investment Corporation
- Xavier Serbiá, Host, CNN Dinero (moderator)
CNN Dinero's Xavier Serbiá kicked off this 2017 BRAVO Symposium and Business Awards panel by asking about the current challenges for investment in Latin America. Fernando Iraola said the political instability in the region is his biggest concern. Katia Bouazza pointed out the future of the region also depends on longer-term issues, such as infrastructure and social development. Protectionism has also changed the context for the region from here forward. Aeromexico's Andrés Conesa talked about the importance of the U.S.-Mexico border, calling it"the most dynamic worldwide in terms of travel" and talked of the risks for the American economy should the North American Free Trade Agreement end. James P. Scriven reflected on the wave of populism rising in the world and its importance for companies and governments to address that before moving forward with their growth strategies. Scriven talked about the resistence against globalization in developed economies, where people feel they have not have lived the benefits of globalization.