5 to 6 pm ET
In the Studio: Santiago Villanueva
Americas Society will host the Argentine artist on Instagram Live on December 16 to discuss his practice.
Santiago Villanueva in conversation with Aimé Iglesias Lukin, director and chief curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice.
About the artist:
Santiago Villanueva (Azul, Argentina, 1990) is a curator and artist who lives and works in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Villanueva led the Amplified Influence Area at La Ene – Nuevo Museo Energía de Arte Contemporáneo (La Ene, 2011–2018) and was the curator of the cycle Bellos Jueves at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes in Buenos Aires. (2014–2015). Between 2016 and 2017 he was a pedagogical curator of the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires. He is currently the editor of the magazine Segunda Época. Together with Fernanda Laguna and Rosario Zorraquín he coordinated the 2019 Spazio de Arte. He received the Rutherford scholarship to work with the Tate Modern Latin American art collection in London between January and July 2018. He currently teaches Curatorial Studies at La Universidad Nacional de las Artes (Argentina).
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca