5 to 6 pm ET
Esperanza Mayobre (Image: Christine Lipski)
In the Studio: Esperanza Mayobre
Watch the video: Americas Society hosted the Venezuelan artist on Instagram live on October 21 to discuss her practice.
Esperanza Mayobre in conversation with Natalia Viera Salgado, Assistant Curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch on YouTube after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every other Wednesday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice.
About the artist:
Esperanza Mayobre is a Brooklyn-based artist that grew up in Caracas, Venezuela. She is a recipient of the Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship, Lower East Side Printshop Keyholder Residency, Jerome Foundation travel grant, International Studio and Curatorial Program, Smack Mellon Studio Program, the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council Workspace, and the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture. She has exhibited at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, La Caja Centro Cultural Chacao Caracas, the Bronx Museum, Hallwalls, MIT, BRIC, The Art Museum of the Americas, Washington D.C., the Contemporary Museum of El Salvador, the Incheon Biennial Korea, The State University of New York at Westchester Community College, Museo Eduardo Sivori in Buenos Aires and the Queens Museum. Her work has been in Artishock, Bomb, The Brooklyn Rail, Hyperallergic, Creative Time Reports, Arte al Día and Art in America. Her work was currently exhibited at the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art Cornell University and at the Fuller Craft Museum.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca
Image caption: Esperanza Mayobre image courtesy of Christine Lipski