5 to 6 pm ET
In the Studio: Abigail Reyes
Watch the video: Americas Society will host the Salvadoran artist on Instagram Live on June 17 to discuss her art practice.
Abigail Reyes in conversation with Diana Flatto, Assistant Curator of Visual Arts.
Join us live on Instagram from your cell phone, or watch here and on YouTube live or after, for a series of remote visits to artists' studios to bring Americas Society's Visual Arts public programs to your home. Every Wednesday this month, contemporary artists will dialogue with our Visual Arts department about their work and practice.
About the artist:
Abigail Reyes (b. 1984, San Salvador) is a visual artist living and working in La Libertad, El Salvador. She studied applied arts at Don Bosco University, El Salvador. She has had solo exhibitions at MARTE Museum (El Salvador), Lokkus Contemporary Art Gallery (Colombia), Xtra Gallery (Guatemala), Manzanita Hall Gallery, California State University, Northridge, Los Angeles, (United States), and Museum of Art and Design (Costa Rica), among others. She has participated in group exhibitions at Museo Jumex (Mexico), Palais de Tokyo (Paris), Sies + Höke Gallery (Germany), Städtisches Galerie Wolfsburg (Germany), Taimiao Art Gallery (Beijing), Cinema Tonalá (Colombia), Teorética (Costa Rica), and Lokkus Gallery (Colombia) among others, and selected for X America Biennale, 2016. She has been awarded the Y.ES Contemporary prize for production and travel and has participated in artist residencies in the United States, Brazil, Honduras, Nicaragua, and El Salvador.
More digital content from Visual Arts at Americas Society:
- Read the exhibition catalogue for Feliciano Centurión: Abrigo.
- Watch the documentary Feliciano Centurión: Abrazo Íntimo al Natural, directed by Mon Ross (2016).
- Watch videos of recent events:
- Art at a Distance: Promoting Visual Arts during the Health Crisis
- Curator's Perspective – Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- "I Am Reborn at Every Moment" – Contemporary Reflections on Feliciano Centurión and AIDS
- Ulises Carrión – Art, Mail, Books, and So…
- Book Launch: Alejandra Seeber – Picture This Featuring the Artist in Conversation with Guillermo Kuitca
Image caption: Abigail Reyes. Courtesy of the artist.