How is technology transforming Latin America? Join us for a panel discussion to celebrate the launch of the Americas Quarterly (AQ) Spring 2015 issue—"Technology in Latin America: Can You Hear Us Now? A Hemisphere Wired for Change."
Ongoing technological advances throughout the region are laying the foundation for a smarter and more efficient public and private sector. But will corporations, regulators, and politicians be able to keep up with the rapid growth of intelligent technology? How will innovative developments in robotics, cloud computing, and big data affect governments, businesses, and people in Latin America?
A panel of experts will discuss the question “Is Latin America ready for the technology revolution?” and look specifically at the role of technology in areas of financial services, digital technologies, and manufacturing and logistics—both in Mexico, and throughout the region.
- Mónica Aspe Bernal, Undersecretary of Communications, Secretariat of Communications and Transportation
- James Bosworth, Partner and Director of Analysis, Southern Pulse
- Patricia Florissi, Vice President and Global Chief Technology Officer for Sales, EMC Corporation
- Sean Summers, Vice President of Marketplace, Mercado Libre
- Roberto Wagmaister, CEO and President, Grupo Assa
- Rossana Fuentes Berain, Founder, Mexico Media Lab S21 (Moderator)
Registration Fee: This event is complimentary for both members and non-members. Prior registration is required.
A copy of the AQ Spring 2015 issue: "Technology in Latin America: Can You Hear Us Now? A Hemisphere Wired for Change" is included with registration.
Event Information: Beckie Bintrim | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8372
Press: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com before 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2015
Supported in part by a grant from the Open Society Foundations