Please join Americas Society/Council of the Americas for the launch of the groundbreaking new policy brief: Immigration and New York City: The Contributions of Foreign-Born Americans to New York’s Renaissance, 1975-2013. This report looks at the many ways immigrants have contributed to New York City’s dramatic turnaround—from making the city safer to improving housing affordability—and highlights how they continue to make New York more competitive. Speakers will reflect on the ways in which New York’s foreign-born population has shaped the city's success, and discuss opportunities for the future.
- Download the PDF of the report.
- Learn more about AS/COA’s Immigration and Integration Initiative.
- Join the conversation on Twitter: @ASCOA and #NYCimmigration
- Christopher Sabatini, Senior Director of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas; Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly
- Nisha Agarwal, Commissioner, New York City Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Carlos Menchaca, Council Member, New York City Council; Chair, Committee on Immigration
- Robert Sampson, Henry Ford II Professor of the Social Sciences, Harvard University
- Jacob Vigdor, Professor of Public Policy and Economics, Duke University
- Kathryn Wylde, President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
- Kate Brick, Manager of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas; Editor, Americas Quarterly (Moderator)
Registration Fee: Complimentary for AS**, COA**, and YPA members**; $10.00 for non-members.
Prior registration is required.
Registration is NOT required to view the webcast.
**Academics, students, diplomats, and individuals from non-profit organizations will also receive complimentary registration. Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Read an AS/COA fact sheet on how immigrants make cities more economically competitive.
Americas Society thanks Rockefeller Brothers Fund for its support of our Immigration and Integration Initiative.
Event Information: Beckie Bintrim | email@example.com | 212-277-8372
Press: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at email@example.com, before 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Image: Paula Daneze