The Americas Society and Council of the Americas (AS/COA) is seeking a student intern for the Miami office to focus on program development and researching for those programs. The intern will work closely with the manager of AS/COA Miami. Our interns have unique exposure to the policy dialogue in Miami among business, community, and government leaders, and they contribute to this dialogue by helping to organize and execute the meetings and forums led by the AS/COA Miami team.
- Researching and identifying key trends in policy and business sectors in the Americas
- Writing briefing papers on relevant topics for programs
- Assisting the director with all leads
- Performing market research on current and prospective members and preparing company profiles
- Developing promotional materials for AS/COA Miami programs
- Editorial tasks (e.g. copyediting, English and Spanish)
- Providing logistical support
- 20–25 hours per week; minimum three-month commitment (January 23–April 28)
- Hybrid setting–minimum three days working at the office. The rest will be virtual (when applicable)
- University credit is offered for this internship
- Flexibility to cover programs that take place early morning or evening
- At least two years of college or university (ideally communications or international affairs majors)
- Excellent English and Spanish writing skills
- Portuguese a plus
- Must be passionate about Latin America and the Caribbean
- Exceptional research skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work on a variety of projects and to prioritize
- Applicants must obtain student credit to qualify
- Curiosity and an eagerness to contribute to a dynamic team environment
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (350 words) to Luciana Sabillon at email@example.com.
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.
Americas Society and Council of the Americas: uniting opinion leaders to exchange ideas and create solutions to the challenges of the Americas today.
As a requirement of employment, please note that all staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.