The director/manager of individual membership will be tasked with developing innovative member recruitment and retention strategies to increase the network of supporters for AS/COA. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of individual membership of the organization, including members of the Cultural Circle, Presidents Circle, Arts of the Americas Circle, and assisting with Young Professionals of the Americas. Main priorities are retaining current members through engagement (to a degree based on level of membership) and recruitment of new members through relationship building and marketing campaigns. Must maintain accurate records and monitor membership in AS/COA database. The role will require collaboration with various channels within the organization and requires a positive attitude and creative approach to membership development. The candidate will also be asked to assist with fundraising campaigns, including annual drives and gala. Additional details:
Individual Membership — President’s Circle
- Manage relationships and recruitment of new Presidents Circle members.
- Responsible for invoicing and sending acknowledgement letters for all members at this level.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective members by sharing relevant event invitations and AS/COA communications according to their interests.
Individual Contributors — Arts of the Americas Circle (contributions, not “membership”)
- Collaborate with Visual Arts for the maintenance of Arts of the Americas supporters, including invoicing and sending acknowledgement letters.
- Provide to support for Visual Arts team as requested with regard to AAC
Individual Membership — Americas Society Members $100–$1,000 and YPA
- Maintain accurate records for individual members in AS/COA database
- Work to increase member retention by increasing engagement in collaboration with Music and Visual Arts, as well as relevant Policy teams
- Responsible for all invoicing (for those that are not automatic) as well as sending acknowledgement letters as needed.
- Participate with YPA and assist with member retention and recruitment strategies as well as monitoring and maintaining database
Application submission: Please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah Bons (email@example.com).