The AS/COA Tech Series addresses the impact of technology in Latin America and the Caribbean, offering multiple opportunities to discuss digital advances and innovative solutions that impact inclusion competitiveness, and regional economic development. The series features experts and and leaders from the public and private sectors—bringing together relevant stakeholders from academia, NGOs, and policymakers. Each year, we host six to eight private meetings, roundtable discussions, and public forums in Miami, New York, and throughout Latin America which bring together relevant stakeholders across sectors for dialogue on the impact of technology in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Opportunities are available for COA corporate members to sponsor the Tech Series in whole or in part.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), cloud computing, and the future of business
- Facilitating e-commerce and SME growth
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Intellectual property protection
- Economic development and social inclusion
- Fintech and financial inclusion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Connectivity, mobility, and competitive advantage
- Digital transformation for business and society
- Skills training and youth employment
2018 AS/COA Tech Series is sponsored by:
Latin American countries designate as little as 0.5 percent of GDP to research and development. This white paper summarizes the key takeaways of a roundtable discussion in Miami hosted by AS/COA and Junior Achievement Americas. Download the report.
The entrepreneurial environment in Latin America and Miami is changing, from policymaking to venture capital. Innovators tell how. ... Play Video
How can technology help solve problems associated with rapid growth in cities while boosting local economies at the same time? Watch a discussion with smart cities experts. ... Play Video
Latin American businesses need to speed up the pace in adapting to technology, say experts. ... Play Video