Positions currently available at Americas Society and Council of the Americas.
Key areas of focus during the internship will be:
- Providing logistical support for policy events and working groups, including interacting with COA corporate members
- Writing for the COA website, primarily program summaries
- Notetaking at events and meetings
- Staying current on trends, country-specific information, and business issues in the region.
- Administrative tasks
- Assisting with research for reports, op-eds, and background papers
- Editing and fact-checking
- Attending policy meetings
- At least 2 years of college or university
- Fluency in English and high proficiency or fluency in Spanish
- Exceptional English-language writing skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Ability to identify and summarize key points of articles and meetings
- Knowledge of political and economic issues in Latin America
- Background in international relations, political science, or a similar program of study
- Ability to work on a variety of projects and to prioritize
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Previous office experience
Time Requirement: Minimum of 20 hours/week.
Application Submission: Please email cover letter, resume and a 1-2 page English writing sample, preferably on a topic related to COA's work, to Kezia McKeague at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for the position. Please include “Policy Internship” in the subject line and specify if you are applying for a spring, summer, or fall position. No phone calls. Only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.