- Felipe Bayón Pardo, Executive Vice President, Ecopetrol
- Amos Hochstein, Special Envoy for International Energy Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Ali Moshiri, President, Chevron Africa and Latin America Exploration and Production Company
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (moderator)
The Western Hemisphere is going in the right direction in terms of energy, said U.S. Department of State's Amos Hochstein. But beyond an abundance of resources and security, the region needs to have policy consistency, said Chevron's Ali Moshiri. Ecopetrol's Felipe Bayón Pardo added that oil prices might go up with time, but the process will happen slowly, which will force companies and investors to stay focused and efficient.
These and other energy topics—such as new governments in countries such as Argentina and the United States, the potential for infrastructure projects, and further integration in Central America—were addressed in the panel.
- Learn about the AS/COA Energy Working Group.