On February 26, the Emerging and Sustainable Cities Initiative of the Inter-American Development Bank and AS/COA launched the Winter 2014 issue of Americas Quarterly entitled “Our Cities, Our Future.” A group of experts gathered in Washington, D.C. to discuss how cities across the Americas are coping with challenges such as rapid urbanization, climate change, and social inclusion. Panelists assessed a key question: what are cities doing to adapt to climate change, improve livability, and become more socially integrated?
- Gustavo Arnavat, United States Executive Director, Inter-American Development Bank
- Tim Docking, Lead, Emerging Markets Funding Group, IBM Public Sector
- Abha Joshi-Ghani, Director for Knowledge Exchange and Learning (WBIKL), World Bank Institute
- Ellis Juan, General Coordinator, Emerging and Sustainable Cities Initiative, Inter-American Development Bank
- Michael Sorkin, Director, Graduate Program in Urban Design, City College of New York
- Christopher Sabatini, Editor in Chief, Americas Quarterly; Senior Director of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (Moderator)