- Marc Frishman, Managing Director, Global Power & Energy Infrastructure, Barings
- Luisa Palacios, Managing Director, Latin America, Medley Global Advisors, LLC
- Germán Ríos, Corporate Director of Strategic Affairs, CAF - Development Bank of Latin America (moderator)
"If you've been to Havana recently, you know all the work that needs to be done in infrastructure," said Baring's Marc Frishman in a panel on energy in Cuba. Frishman estimates the island needs some $4 billion of investment in energy infrastrucutre and $1 billion for developing renewables. In addition, Cuba is suffering a deficit in supply after oil shipments from Venezuela fell from 90,000 barrels per day to 50,000, according to Medley Global Advisor's Luisa Palacios.
- Learn about the AS/COA Cuba Working Group.
- Watch more videos of our Cuba conference "The United States and Cuba: A Snapshot of Current Collaborations."