As Venezuela spirals downward, the Organization of American States (OAS) will soon convene foreign ministers from the region to discuss the escalating crisis. The meeting follows President Nicolás Maduro’s announcement in April to withdraw from the OAS, and a growing frustration among member governments about worsening conditions amplified by government actions.
Council of the Americas will hold a public panel discussion on the humanitarian crisis in Venezuela and strategies to chart a return to democracy amid growing violence.
- Anton Edmunds, Ambassador/Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of St. Lucia to the OAS @antonedmunds
- Mark Feierstein, Senior Advisor, Latin America, Albright Stonebridge Group, and former Senior Director, Western Hemisphere Affairs, National Security Council @MarkFeierstein
- Jennifer Loten, Ambassador/Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Canada to the OAS @jmaloten
- Francisco Toro, Founder and Editor, Caracas Chronicles @QuicoToro
- Jackson Diehl, Deputy Editorial Page Editor, The Washington Post (moderator) @JacksonDiehl
*Additional speakers may be added.
To register: Email us at email@example.com
RSVP no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31.