Americas Society and Council of the Americas will host leading experts to discuss Venezuela and state-owned oil firm PDVSA’s debt as the likelihood of default rises. The panelists will discuss potential scenarios and the challenges that will be faced in a restructuring of Venezuelan debt.
This event is part of AS/COA’s Venezuela Working Group Series.
NOTE: This event is private and off-the-record.
- Richard J. Cooper, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Joe Kogan, Head of Latin American Strategy, Scotia Capital
- Luisa Palacios, Head of Latin America, Medley Global Advisors LLC
- Mark Walker, Managing Director and Head of Sovereign Advisory, Millstein & Co. LLC
Recommended reading from panelists:
- "Why Venezuela Should Default," Joe Kogan in The New York Times.
- "Restructuring Debt in the Dark," Mark Walker and Ricardo Hausmann for Project Syndicate.
Free for AS, COA Corporate Members, AS and COA Board, CIAC, President's Circle, and YPA members, and $100 for nonmembers.
Members can register by e-mailing Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited.
Event Information: Rodrigo Riaza | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8376
COA Corporate Membership Information: Mila Fontana | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8331
Press Inquiries: email@example.com
Cancellation: Please contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:00 p.m. on Monday, September 25.