Join AS/COA for the launch of the new AS/COA and Fiscal Policy Institute report, Bringing Vitality to Main Street: How Immigrant Small Businesses Help Local Economies Grow.
This report quantifies the role of immigrants as small business owners in the country’s 50 largest metropolitan areas, with an in-depth qualitative look at how immigrant entrepreneurship has promoted economic growth and neighborhood revitalization in Nashville, the Twin Cities, and Philadelphia. This publication is part of AS/COA’s Immigration and Integration Initiative, which works to change the narrative on immigration by highlighting the critical role immigrants play in our economy through research and direct stakeholder engagement.
- Susan Segal, President & CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Robert Annibale, Global Director, Community Development and Inclusive Finance, Citi
- David Dyssegaard Kallick, Senior Fellow and Director of Immigration Research Initiative, Fiscal Policy Institute
- Luis Parodi, Vice President, Community and Economic Development Manager, Fifth Third Bank
- Jennifer Rodriguez, Executive Director, Philadelphia Mayor’s Office of Immigrant and Multicultural Affairs
- Mihailo Temali, CEO and Founder, Neighborhood Development Center, Minneapolis
- Kate Brick, Policy Manager and Director, Immigration and Integration Initiative, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (Moderator)
Americas Society thanks Rockefeller Brothers Fund for its support of our Immigration and Integration Initiative.
Event Information: Beckie Bintrim | firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-277-8372
Press: Adriana La Rotta | email@example.com | 212-277-8384
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 13, 2015