A Celebration featuring AQ's Top 5 Border Ambassadors
Join the discussion on Twitter: #ThisIsTheBorder
Despite a common border and more than two decades of shared prosperity and partnership, the U.S.-Mexico relationship faces new challenges. Join Americas Quarterly as we launch our latest issue on the economic, political, and cultural ties that bind the two neighbors. Panelists will include honorees from our Top 5 Border Ambassadors feature, who will discuss where U.S.-Mexico relations go from here. A reception with live music, food, and drinks will follow the discussion.
- Diego Gómez Pickering, Consul General of Mexico in New York City @gomezpickering
- Alfredo Corchado, Award-winning journalist, author, and Mexico bureau chief of The Dallas Morning News @ajcorchado
- Álvaro Enrigue, Novelist and author of Sudden Death @AlvaroEnrigue
- Pati Jinich, Award-winning chef, TV personality, cookbook author, and food writer @PatiJinich
- Shannon K. O’Neil, Senior fellow for Latin America Studies, Council on Foreign Relations @shannonkoneil
- Rebeca Vargas, President and CEO, U.S.-Mexico Foundation @Rebeca_Vargas_
- Duncan Wood, Director, the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute @AztecDuncan
- Brian Winter, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly; Vice President of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (Moderator) @BrazilBrian
Price: Entry is free for current Americas Quarterly subscribers, who should email AQevents@as-coa.org to RSVP.
For others, admission is $20, which includes a special discounted one-year subscription to Americas Quarterly.
Event Information: Beckie Bintrim | email@example.com | 1-212-277-8372
Cancellation: Contact Juan Serrano-Badrena at firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17.