Americas Society/Council of the Americas is pleased to partner with Knowledge@Wharton and Momentum for two days of information sharing and networking focused on evaluating the opportunities presented by the normalization of U.S. relations with Cuba. Use code ASCOA15 to save 15 percent off the current registration rate.
The 2nd U.S.-Cuba Corporate Counsel Summit on October 7 brings together general counsel from major U.S. corporations to inform organizations about how to remain fully apprised of a constantly changing political and regulatory landscape. Topics will include:
- An advanced understanding of the Cuban legal system, bureaucracies, key regulations and current restrictions
- An up-to-date snapshot of the current situation, including what U.S. businesses can and cannot do
- A clear picture of Joint Venture and Co-operative opportunities
- A primer on understanding and dealing with Cuban regulatory agencies
The Cuba Finance, Infrastructure & Investment Summit on October 8 explores why Cuba—with over 12 million inhabitants and a GDP of $68 billion, but also aging infrastructure—is an intriguing prospect for the international investing community. Questions addressed will include:
- What are the biggest investment opportunities in the short, medium, and long term?
- What are the biggest challenges facing investors?
- What are the legal, regulatory, and bureaucratic hurdles to investing in Cuba?
- What is the current status of Cuban economic reforms, and what comes next when it comes to economic reforms?
- What are the ways to quantify the domestic market for financial services in Cuba and assess the impact of the Cuban diaspora on remittances?
Register here. Use code ASCOA15 to save 15% off the current registration rate.