In a globalized economy, chief financial officers (CFOs) must deal with a wide range of issues while operating across multiple jurisdictions. Now more than ever, compliance, financial planning, budgeting, foreign exchange risks, working capital, and process efficiencies are among the top concerns for today’s CFO. At the same time, expectations on CFOs to be more than day-to-day financial administrators are higher than ever. The realities of conducting business in the Americas creates challenges which require well informed, strategic, and disciplined leadership.
In 2016, Council of the Americas assumed control of the Latin Trade Group’s successful CFO Forum Series. The forums, which convene CFOs from major multinational corporations, are held in six cities each year throughout the hemisphere. The meetings are private, by invitation only, and allows CFOs to discuss current trends in corporate finance in the Americas. Through multiple panel roundtable discussions, senior finance executives share insights and ideas in an informal setting.
The CFO Forum Series will host meetings in six cities across the hemisphere in 2017, including Bogota, Buenos Aires, Lima, Mexico City, Miami and Sao Paulo. The forums are private meetings for qualified CFOs, and open to member and non-member organizations.
2018 CFO SERIES CALENDAR
|Thursday, April 26||CFO Mexico City, Mexico Forum|
|Thursday, May 24||CFO São Paulo, Brazil Forum|
|Thursday, June 28||CFO Bogota, Colombia Forum|
|Thursday, July 19||CFO Lima, Peru Forum|
|Friday, December 7||CFO Miami, United States Forum|
|TBD||CFO Buenos Aires, Argentina Forum|
2017 CFO Forums
- CFO Miami Forum, December 8, featuring discussions led by Mauro Echeverri, head of controlling and distribution planning, South East USA and Latin America, Swarovski; Carlos Mercuriali, COO, Latin America and Caribbean, SAP Ariba; Alexander Michiels, vice president, CFO, SCS & DTS, Ryder System, Inc.; Luis Pulido, CFO, Elandis; and Elias Tavarez, vice president, CFO, LALA U.S., Inc.
- CFO Lima Forum, November 16, featuring discussions led by Francisco Barua, chief investment officer, UNACEM; Victor Manuel Cabanillas De la Torre, corporate finance manager, Ransa; Patricia Gastelumendi, CFO, Ferreycorp; Renato Reyes, manager of finance services and treasury, Ripley; and keynote address by Adrián Armas, chief economist, Banco Central de Reserva del Peru
- CFO Mexico City Forum, September 6, featuring keynote speaker Vanessa Rubio, undersecretary of finance and public credit of Mexico; and discussions led by John Gleason, vice president, treasury, tax and investor relations, WALMEX; and Ricardo Sánchez Barker, CFO, Aeroméxico
- CFO Buenos Aires Forum, August 23, featuring panelists Pedro Arnt, CFO of Mercadolibre.com; Edgardo Carlos, CFO of Tenaris; and keynote speaker Miguel A. Kiguel, executive director, Econviews
- CFO Bogotá Forum, June 8, featuring keynote speaker Juan José Echavarría, governor, Banco de la República; and panelists Alejandro Porras, corporate treasury director, Ecopetrol; and Tatiana Uribe, vice president, financial planning and investor relations, Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores S.A.
- CFO São Paulo Forum, May 10, featuring regional finance executives from IBM Corporation, SAP, Expedia, the Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., the Walt Disney Company and themes of digital transformation in the finance function and the role of information technology 2016 CFO Forums
2016 CFO Forums
- CFO Lima Forum, November 16, featuring finance executives from Alicorp, Belcorp, Cencosud, Cinépolis, Grupo Romero
- CFO Miami Forum, September 30, featuring regional finance executives from organizations such as Bunge, Microsoft, Oracle, PepsiCo and SAP
- CFO Buenos Aires Forum, August 23, featuring speakers Daniel González, CFO of YPF; Fernando Navajas, chief economist at Fundación de Investigaciones Económicas Latinoamericanas (FIEL); and Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO of Globant
- CFO Bogotá Forum, June 14, featuring keynote speaker Jorge Hernán Toro Córdoba, Chief Economist at Banco de la República, Colombia
- CFO Monterrey Forum, May 19, featuring keynote speaker Carlos Capistrán, Chief Mexico Economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- CFO Mexico City Forum, May 17, featuring keynote speaker Javier Guzmán Calafell, Deputy Governor at Banco de México
- CFO Rio de Janeiro Forum, April 8, featuring keynote speaker Leonardo Pereira, Chairman of Comissão de Valores Mobiliários
- CFO São Paulo Forum, April 6, featuring keynote speaker Flavio Cotini, President and CEO of Walmart Brazil