In a globalized economy, chief financial officers (CFOs) must deal with a wide range of issues while operating across multiple jurisdictions. Now more than ever, compliance, financial planning, budgeting, foreign exchange risks, working capital, and process efficiencies are among the top concerns for today’s CFO. At the same time, expectations on CFOs to be more than day-to-day financial administrators are higher than ever. The realities of conducting business in the Americas creates challenges which require well informed, strategic, and disciplined leadership.
In 2016, Council of the Americas assumed control of the Latin Trade Group’s successful CFO Forum Series. The forums, which convene CFOs from major multinational corporations, are held in six cities each year throughout the hemisphere. The meetings are private, by invitation only, and allows CFOs to discuss current trends in corporate finance in the Americas. Through multiple panel roundtable discussions, senior finance executives share insights and ideas in an informal setting.
The CFO Forum Series will host meetings in six cities across the hemisphere in 2017, including Bogota, Buenos Aires, Lima, Mexico City, Miami and Sao Paulo. The forums are private meetings for qualified CFOs, and open to member and non-member organizations.
2017 CFO SERIES CALENDAR
|Wednesday, May 10 (TBC)||CFO São Paulo, Brazil Forum|
|Thursday, June 8 (TBC)||CFO Bogotá, Colombia Forum|
|Wednesday, August 23 (TBC)||CFO Buenos Aires, Argentina Forum|
|Wednesday, September 6 (TBC)||CFO Mexico City, Mexico Forum|
|Friday, September 15 (TBC)||CFO Miami, United States Forum|
|Thursday, November 16 (TBC)||CFO Lima, Peru Forum|
- CFO Lima Forum, November 16, featuring finance executives from Alicorp, Belcorp, Cencosud, Cinépolis, Grupo Romero
- CFO Miami Forum, September 30, featuring regional finance executives from organizations such as Bunge, Microsoft, Oracle, PepsiCo and SAP
- CFO Buenos Aires Forum, August 23, featuring speakers Daniel González, CFO of YPF; Fernando Navajas, Chief Economist at Fundación de Investigaciones Económicas Latinoamericanas (FIEL); and Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO of Globant
- CFO Bogotá Forum, June 14, 2016, featuring keynote speaker Jorge Hernán Toro Córdoba, Chief Economist at Banco de la República, Colombia
- CFO Monterrey Forum, May 19, 2016, featuring keynote speaker Carlos Capistrán, Chief Mexico Economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- CFO Mexico City Forum, May 17, 2016, featuring keynote speaker Javier Guzmán Calafell, Deputy Governor at Banco de México
- CFO Río de Janeiro Forum, April 8, 2016, featuring keynote speaker Leonardo Pereira, Chairman of Comissão de Valores Mobiliários
- CFO São Paulo Forum, April 6, 2016, featuring keynote speaker Flavio Cotini, Presidnent and CEO of Walmart Brazil