AS/COA launched the Fall 2011 issue of Americas Quarterly, Impact Investing: Profit Meets Purpose, with a panel discussion on the several angles of impact investing. How can private, for-profit investment capital become a force for social development and social inclusion, addressing such difficulties as public health challenges, climate change and urbanization? What are the sustainable and profitable business models that already exist, and which remain to be developed?
- Elizabeth Littlefield, President and Chief Executive Officer, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Margot Brandenburg, Associate Director, Rockefeller Foundation
- Liam Brody, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Corporate Relations, Root Capital
- Luiz Ros, Manager for the Opportunities for the Majority, Inter-American Development Bank
- Moderator: Christopher Sabatini, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly; Senior Director of Policy, AS/COA