AS/COA and the New York Immigration Coalition hosted a discussion on a critical issues that comes at a key moment: immigration reform. After the decisive role latinos played in the last election, in which one out of 10 voters belonged to the latino community, the relevance and importance of a hands-on national conversation on the reform is needed, highlighting one of the top subjects on the agenda for the next Congress.
How likely is the passage of a immigration reform? What might be included in that legislation? Where might the two parties compromise in order to move reform forward? What are the implications for the U.S. economy and labor market? These and other issues came up in the conversation.
- Erica Gonzalez, Executive Editor of El Diario La Prensa
- Chung-Wha Hong, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
- Jorge Pérez, Senior Vice President, Manpower North America
- Muzaffar Chishti, Director, Migration Policy Institute Office at NYU School of Law
- Moderator: Jason Marczak, Director of Policy, Americas Society/Council of the America