AS/COA hosted the launch of the Winter 2012 issue of Americas Quarterly, China’s Global Rise: Implications for Latin America and the U.S.
The event included a panel discussion to offer new perspectives and details on the China–Latin America relationship and its implications for the United States. How do Beijing’s development, trade and geopolitical goals intersect with regional development and politics? Do these goals challenge U.S. economic and geostrategic interests? Our panel of experts will explore what the growing economic and diplomatic ties between China and Latin America mean for our hemisphere.
- Carlos Gutierrez, Vice Chairman of the Institutional Clients Group, Citigroup, and former Secretary of Commerce
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer, Senior Researcher, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Eric Farnsworth, Vice President, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Pablo A. Goldberg, Managing Director and Global Head of Emerging Markets Research, HSBC
- Moderator: Christopher Sabatini, Editor-in-Chief, Americas Quarterly; Senior Director of Policy, AS/COA