We are seeking a professional to work closely with our corporate relations & programs team at our headquarters in New York City.
The principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop corporate sponsorship & membership strategies working in partnership with our Miami and DC offices.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with current members.
- Prospect new corporate members and sponsors.
- Lead, conceive and organize economic and policy programs, concerning issues of interest to our corporate members across the Western Hemisphere.
- Develop innovative approaches to programming that will lead to additional revenue while delivering value to our corporate members.
- Develop sponsorship proposals to secure funding and enhance relationships and engagement with corporate members.
- Supervise all related administrative and logistical aspects of public policy program planning.
- Liaise with government officials, individual and corporate members of the Council of the Americas, local partners, NGOs, multilateral organizations, and other constituents involved in Western Hemispheric affairs.
Necessary qualifications for this position are:
- Experience in strategic communications and thought leadership positioning for corporate executives.
- B.A. or graduate degree in Latin American studies, economics, political science, business, or communications.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Latin American economics and politics.
- Excellent writing and communication in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Computer skills particularly use of databases (Fonteva), virtual platforms (Webex, Microsoft Teams), and Canva.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, ability to multi-task and work under demanding time constraints in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary, generous benefits package, and 401K profit sharing.
Our employees are currently working a hybrid schedule each week, with three days spent in the office and two days remotely. All staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Depending on programming, employees may need to come in more than three days a week when the workflow necessitates it.
AS/COA offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as outstanding benefits including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
AS/COA is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Salary Range for this position is $110k to $130k.
To apply: Please e-mail Ragnhild Melzi at email@example.com with the subject line “COA Senior Director of Corporate Relations & Public Policy Programs” and include resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample (max 1 page).
No phone calls please. Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.